Monday 24 November 2014

Mint Chocolate Cupcakes

Hey guys,

So this weekend I've  just been relaxing and I decided to make some cupcakes and I thought since I love writing D.I.Y's so much on my blog I decided to share my cupcakes with you all. This is a recipe which I found on bakingmad.com and it was called Mary Berry Chocolate Cupcake, the only difference I made was adding some mint flavouring to the cupcakes. Disclaimer you should probably not use hot chocolate instead of cocoa powder as it didn't make them as chocolaty as I would have liked, also sorry for my icing skills haven't quite mastered it yet. 

 

What you will need:- 
Cupcakes-
115g -Flour 
40g -Cocoa powder
3- eggs 
1tsp- Baking powder 
4tbsp- Hot Water 
165g- Golden Caster sugar 
175g- Butter 
A few Drops- Mint flavouring

Chocolate Icing-
60g- Butter 
30g- Cocoa Powder
3 tbsp Milk
250g Golden Icing Sugar 


1. Sift cocoa powder into a bowl and add the boiling water to it and mix until smooth and thick.


2. Then you need to add the remaining wet ingredients, so add three eggs, butter and the mint flavouring then whisk again until everything is mixed in. 


3. Next add all of the dry mixture to the wet mixture until everything is nice and smooth, if you mix with an electronic whisk it is a lot easier.


4. Fill the cupcake cases up 1/2 way for average fairy cake sized cupcakes and 3/4ths of the way full if you want bigger cupcakes. The recipe says that this makes 24 cupcakes and I got 12 out of the mixture with 3/4th full cupcake cases. 


5. Put the cupcakes in the oven for 10 minutes at 200c (400F, Gas Mark 6)  and keep checking them with a tooth pic until it comes out completely clean. 


6. Put them on a cooling rack to cool and then once they are completely cool move them to a plate.



Then to ice the cupcakes you need to melt the butter in a bowl, sift in the cocoa powder,  then add the icing sugar a little bit at a time making sure to stir it. Then if the icing is too thick gradually add the milk until it is at the right consistency for you.  


I hope you like the idea of these and if any of you make them or any different kinds tag me in them on Instagram or comment your recipes below. Also don't forget to check out my links and leave a comment below, I hope you liked this post and here is the link to the official cupcakes if you prefer to use Mary Berry's recipe to a t.

Mary Berry Cupcake's

Xoxo Lucy 




No comments:

Post a Comment